CMS Muon Endcap Alignment
This page is maintained by the CMS Muon Endcap Alignment group at Florida Tech. It serves as a repository of information about the alignment of the Muon Endcap of the CMS Experiment. This includes information produced by our group as well as links to other relevant web pages.
Public Presentations & Publications:
- Presentation (ppt) on the alignment system at the 2007 meeting of the SouthEastern Section of the American Physical Society (SESAPS) in Nashville, TN, Nov 8 -10, 2007(prepared and presented by Samir Guragain).
- Poster on the alignment system presented at the 2007 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium in Honolulu, Hawaii on Oct 30, 2007 (prepared by MH).
- Paper (pdf) for the Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE NSS (prepared by MH).
- Poster on the alignment system presented at the 2006 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium in
San Diego on Oct 31, 2006 (prepared by MH).
- Paper (pdf) for the Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE NSS (prepared by MH).
Note that the posters are in Powerpoint format for a size of 4' (H) x 3' (W) and have a size of 10-20 MB.
To get an accurate view they should be viewed at 100% in Powerpoint.
Meetings & Minutes:
- Minutes and talks from Joint Meetings & Reviews
- Minutes and talks from weekly ME alignment meetings (Wednesday meetings, currently 4:00 pm CERN time)
- Nov 28, 2007 - reconstruction & software
- Nov 21, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Nov 7, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Oct 11, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Oct 4, 2007 - reconstruction & software (by MH)
- Sep 13, 2007 - hardware & software (no minutes)
- Aug 2, 2007 - hardware & software (no minutes)
- July 12, 2007 - hardware & software (no minutes)
- May 31, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- May 3, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Apr 26, 2007 - software focus (by MH)
- Apr 12, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Feb 22, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Feb 15, 2007 - software focus (by MH)
- Feb 1, 2007 - hardware focus (no minutes)
- Jan 25, 2007 - software focus (no minutes)
- Jan 18, 2007 - hardware focus (by MH)
- Nov 9, 2006 (by MH)
- Oct 26, 2006 (by MH)
- Oct 12, 2006 (by MH)
- Sep 28, 2006
- Sep 7, 2006 (by MH)
- Aug 17, 2006 (by MH)
Note that the minutes are "quick & dirty" notes taken in real time during the VRVS sessions. In other words, they are unedited and incomplete. The main purpose is to keep everybody informed and help out those that had trouble during the VRVS session (yes, it happens !)
Magnet Test & Cosmic Challenge (MTCC) data and analysis (Summer 2006):
- Phase II Analog Sensor ROOT file
- MTCC Analog Sensor ROOT file (Phase I & II combined in one file)
- Analysis of DCOPS & Laser Data from MTCC:
- COCOA Analysis of SLM 2 2-5 DCOPS data by Gyongyi Baksay (Dec 20, 2006; last update Feb 2, 2007)
- DCOPS data for SLM+2_2-5 used in the above analysis (from Jim Bellinger, Oct 13, 2006; with comments regarding CCD configurations by G. Baksay)
- More DCOPS data provided by Jim. For these files he has filtered out events with both lasers on. These files are a stripped down version of the data and contain only the fitted values and no raw pixel data (Feb 2, 2007):
- ME 2 SLM2-5
- ME 2 SLM3-6
- The following format is used in the above text files:
Each line is a single "event" of 20 blocks of
After the 20 blocks comes
- DCOPS ID
- Laser ID
- Status word. If this is 1 or 2, ignore the data
- For each CCD: First CCD_1, then CCD_2, then CCD_3, then CCD_4
- A (constant term) of gaussian fit
- Mean of gaussian fit
- Error on mean of gaussian fit
- Sigma of gaussian fit
- Chi-squared of fit
- Number of degrees of freedom of fit
- Temperature in degrees C (0 if not read properly)
- B field in Tesla
- Also, see Jim's page on MTCC data for larger files with beam profiles and other DCOPS data.
- A stand-alone FORTRAN routine to convert Jim's data format listed above into the format needed for COCOA input data (via text file). To use it, simply compile with "g77". No linking needed.
- Marcus' log file of COCOA work in early 2007 (as of 3/2/07)
- COCOA files for Marcus' studies on ME+2 SLM 2:
- Gyongyi's full logfile of COCOA work in spring 2007 (file version from June 2, 2007),
- root script that plots COCOA variables (v. 05/04/07)
- data file with SLM coordinates (only CSC center coordinates)
- data file with CMS coordinates (only CSC center coordinates)
- Marcus's log file of COCOA work during "Alignment Camp 2007" (as of 7/2007)
- Analysis of Analog Data from MTCC:
Florida Tech Data & Documentation
This makes use of the official sensor ID's listed above and describes the geometry of SLM2-5 in ME+2 according to the current CAD files to the best of our knowledge (as of Dec 2006).
- Documentation and drawings for creating COCOA EMU geometry definitions (provided by D. Eartly, FNAL):
- DCOPS in CSC coordinates (Nov 2007)
- R-phi views - this defines the CSC centers for alignment following the CMSSW definition!
- R-z views - this defines the new z-reference surfaces as the top of the CSC skins
- ME-SLM configurations (Oct 06)
Other Alignment Pages & Documents:
Links to COCOA Related Pages & Documentation
Links to IGUANA Related Pages and Documentation
Links to SCRAM Related Pages and Documentation