Our mission at I.S.E.T.S Lab is to develop innovative solutions to address society technical needs for moving towards a sustainable future.
Our focus is on research and education related to:
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Net-Zero Energy Buildings
- Designing and Optimization of Thermal Systems
- Computational Heat Transfer, and
- Inverse Heat Conduction Problems
I.S.E.T.S research has been funded by Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and several local private industries.
- Dr. Najafi will serve as Technical Program Chair for the ASME ES 2021,15th International Conference on Energy Sustainability. The conference will be held in June 16 – 18, 2021: https://event.asme.org/ES/About/Organizing-Committee (Oct 2020)
- Dr. Najafi will serve as the Guest Editor for the Sustainability Journal, Special Issue "Designing and Optimization of Net-Zero Energy Buildings and Communities" (Webpage). (Sept 2020)
- Dr. Najafi presented an invited talk to the Space Coast Chapter of INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering ). (Sept 2020)
- Congratulations to Jian Zhang for successful defense of his thesis! Jian will begin as a PhD student at Florida Tech in Fall 2020. (July 2020)
- Obinna Uyanna and Dr. Najafi published a journal article in Acta Astronautica -Nov 2020 Issue - Congrats Obinna! (July 2020)
- Congratulations to Ganesh Doiphode to start working as a Mechanical Engineer at SETTY and Associates! (July 2020)
- Dr. Najafi presented a paper on behalf of co-authors Obinna Uyanna and Jian Zhang at ASME Summer Heat Transfer Conference (July 2020)
- Dr. Najafi's co-authored paper featured on the cover page of the ASHRAE Journal (July 2020).
- Dr. Najafi presented a paper on behalf of co-authors Ganesh Doiphode and Mariana Migliori at ASME Energy Sustainability Conference (June 2020)
- Dr. Najafi received the Florida Tech ACITC Minigrant to develop an innovative set of teaching resources regarding building energy systems!
- Dr. Najafi is nominated for the Students Advisor of the year Award by the ASHRAE's Space Coast Chapter and Region XII (June 2020).
- Undergraduate Research Assistant Joseph Luya successfully completed his undergraduate program and joined ISETS as a Graduate Student! Congrats and welcome back, Joseph! (May 2020)
- Dominic Allard joined ISETS as a MS (FastTrack) student! Welcome Dominic! (May 2020)
- Benjamin Kubwimana joined ISETS as a MS (FastTrack) student! Welcome Benjamin! (May 2020)
- Dr. Najafi's co-authored paper published in Energies journal. (Mar 2020)
- Dr. Najafi and Obinna Uyanna presented the ASHRAE's student branch findings regarding energy assessments for Brevard Public Schools in the ASHRAE Winter Conference, Orlando, FL (Feb 2020)
- Dr. Najafi is nominated for Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching (Feb 2020).
- Modess Seyednezhad successfully completed her PhD proposal defense. Congrats Modess! (Dec 2019)
- Modess Seyednezhad presented a paper in ASME IMECE 2020 Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah. Congrats Modess! (Nov 2019)
- Anuj Pant presented a paper in ASME IMECE 2020 Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah. . Congrats to Anuj and Co-author Sourabh! (Nov 2019)
- Florida Tech ASHRAE Student Branch presented a technical seminar for the ASHRAE Space Coast Chapter (Nov 2019)
- Dr. Najafi received ASHRAE Equipment Grant to develop a Peltier cooling apparatus (Aug 2019)
- Dr. Najafi presented an Invited Talk at ASME Summer Heat Transfer Conference, Bellevue, WA. (July 2019)
- Obinna presented a paper in ASME Summer Heat Transfer Conference, Bellevue, WA. Congrats Obinna! (July 2019)
- Ganesh Doiphode presented a paper in ASME Energy Sustainability Conference, Bellevue, WA. Congrats Ganesh! (July 2019)
- Ganesh Doiphode successfully defended his MS thesis! Congrats Ganesh! (April 2019)
- Obinna Uyanna successfully completed his PhD proposal defense. Congrats Obinna! (April 2019)