Our research interests are focused on computational methods development in metabolomics and their applications in drug effect of food compounds discovery, environmental science, and cancer mechanism studies. Research project include instrumentation analysis using NMR and HPLC/MS on natural compound extractions and the metabolomic profiling study in a combination of various environmental exposures. Another research goal is to find the link between cancer metabolomic profiling and plant extract compounds profilings which will provide directions to narrow down the most synergetic combinations in plant extract. Moreover, we are investigating the combinational effect of various types of environmental toxins using NMR based metabolomics approaches.
- National Science Foundation (NSF), LEAPS-MPS: Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Automatic NMR Metabolomics Data Processing, PI, $248,613, 09/15/2021-08/31/2023 (Current)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Capacity Building Grants Program (CBGP), Investigation of garlic snape nutraceuticals as an anti-diabetic food, $293,844.96, Co-PI (Leading PI, Kang, NC A&T) 09/01/2022-08/31/2025 (Current)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) R01 Microbial therapy improves gut permeability to reduce cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease, Co-I (Leading PI Hariom Yadav, Univerisity of South Florida), $1,128,405, 08/15/2021-07/29/2024 (Current)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) R21 The role of gut microbiota in the efficacy of ketogenic diet to ameliorate Alzheimer's diseases, Co-I (Leading PI Hariom Yadav, University of South Florida), $429,356 07/01/2021-06/30/2023 (Current)
- Department of Defense (DoD) Army Research Laboratory (ARL), Center for Detection and Monitoring of Chemical and Biological Threat Agents through Deployment of an Integrated Microengineered Organ Equivalent System, Co-PI (Leading PI Vinayak Kabadi)
- National Science Foundation (NSF), MRI: Acquisition of a liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometer for interdisciplinary research and education on the campus of North Carolina A&T State University, Co-PI (Leading PI Renzun Zhao), 09/01/2022