Welcome to the Advanced Material Characterization lab at Florida Tech. Our research interests lie in the material design, 3-D printing, metal additive manufacturing, and thermomechanical characterization of novel materials for applications in aerospace and biomedical with a particular focus on high performance multicomponent alloys, shape memory alloys, and composites.
- Experimental Analysis of Ultra-High Strength NiTiHfPd Shape Memory Alloys was published in Journal Material Engineering and Performance.
- Modeling the Pseudoelastic Design Space of NiTi Fabricated by Laser Powder Bed Fusion was published in Journaql of Additive Manufacturing.
- Enhanced elasticity in magnesium nanoparticle reinforced acrylic elastomer was published in journal of Polymer Engineering and Science.
- Load-induced local phase transformation and modulus of shape memory alloys under spherical indentation by finite element method was published in Journal of Material Engineering Research.
- Energy Damping in Shape Memory Alloys: A Review was published in Journal of Alloys and Compounda.
Currently lab has no openings.
150 W. University Blvd
Florida Institute of Technology
Melbourne, FL, 32901
Lab: 236 OLS
Office: 217 & 218 OEC
Phone: (321) 309-3032