Use of the Microscope
To use the SPM:
- Become familiar with the operating manuals. The manuals are detailed enough that you can learn how to use the system. Focus on learning Contact or Non-contact AFM to start.
- Schedule time to go over the system usage and safety. When planning, please remember you have to be flexible with your time.
- Component tips for your samples may be purchased from the lab ($30 and up for mounted tips). Please note, that it is likely that new users will damage two to three tips before receiving a good measurement.
- It is recommended that one learns how to operate the SPM during a time when a student or Dr. Earles is available to assist.
- The processing of a samples can sometimes last all day. Plan accordingly.
Thermal Spray Laboratory Manuals
NCHR Thermal Spray Research and Development point of contact: Mr. David Moreno
- Accuraspray-G3C Product Manual
- Model PC-100 Control Module Rev G
- Model SG-100 Plasma Spray Gun Operators Manual Rev H
- Model 1264 Powder Feeder Operators Manual
- Model 3710 Plasma Control Console Manual Rev E
- Intro to NCHR
Autonomous Luggage Transportation System (ALTS)
- . ALTS Spring 2016 Final Presentation
- CDR-ALTS Final Spring??Report
Smart Energy Utilization System
- CDR Presentation
- CDR Smart Energy?2016
High-level Multi-objective Model for Microgrid Design
1. Thesis by Siamak Talebi