Expanding the transparency and control of IoT devices by examining the state of security and privacy within Internet-of-Things (IoT) ecosystems.
- Usable security and privacy
- Machine learning approaches for transparency
- Novel attack vectors
- Systemic design failures
- Blake Janes, Heather Crawford, and TJ OConnor. Never Ending Story: Authentication and Access Control Design Flaws in Shared IoT Devices. IEEE Security and Privacy SafeThings Workshop. May, 2020. [PDF]
- TJ OConnor, William Enck, and Bradley Reaves. Blinded and Confused: Uncovering Systemic Flaws in Device Telemetry for Smart-Home Internet of Things, Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec), May, 2019.
- Congratulations to Blake Janes for being awarded a $3,133.70 bug bounty from Google!
- Congratulations to Josh Connolly, who lead our FITSec Team, to a 7th Place Finish at the Spring 2020 National Cyber League Tournament.
- The Office of Naval Research has awarded funding for a Florida Tech and the IoT Security and Privacy Lab for Multidisciplinary Approach to Internet-of-Things (IoT) Cybersecurity Research for $249,946.